[rpd] Afrinic Scandals, future and the PDP

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Wed Feb 12 20:58:44 UTC 2020

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 5:20 AM Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2020, at 06:00 , gregoire.ehoumi via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net>

> wrote:

> Hi Nishal,

> I am glad to finally see some conversations on these topics and thanks for

> your contributions.

> The RPD is indeed the appropriate forum to discuss these issues as it is

> directly related to the management, distribution and usage of the INRs.

> Your reaction to the cochairs unbelievable decision on the AS0 ROAs

> proposal did not go unnoticed and I see you mentioning AS0 ROA as one of

> the solution to the problem being discussed here, as relates to continued

> routing of *hijacked prefixes* as bogons.

> How could one understand the Co-Chairs decision about the AS0 ROA in this

> context without giving the impression that the rot has set in and that

> there seems to exist some cover-up game going on?

> I don’t see rot or a coverup here. I see a good faith effort to do the job

> as described in the PDP and bylaws.

Owen,

If memory servers, not so long ago, a group that vehemently opposed the
"abuse contacts" proposal, failed to work out a consensual proposal on
"review of resource usage" and is now opposing the "AS0 ROA" by AfriNIC
on unallocated/unassigned space, will have to do more than just "good faith
effort" to convince this working group and the world on his seriousness
about his stewardship responsibility on number resources.

This is especially true given the continued negative press towards
AfriNIC’s disregard of her stewardship.

Are we refusing to see and confront the facts ? We seem to have a big
elephant in the room....

Noah