[rpd] End of LAST call

Arnaud AMELINA amelnaud at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 22:06:36 UTC 2020

Dear Cochairs

Le mer. 29 janv. 2020 à 10:40, ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE <
oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng> a écrit :

> Dear PDWG,

> The following policy proposals have been on the Last call for about 4 weeks

> 1. Multihoming not required for ASN

> 2. Adjusting IPv6 PA Policy

> 3. RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space

> However, we received some critical objections that should be addressed on

> the policy named "RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC

> Address Space" therefore we believe it requires more discussion.

I thought it was made clear that we should move from this “I/we believe “
position and work with facts, data and technical analysis.
Facts and data contradict your beliefs here.

> In the meantime, we shall be processing the two policies below for AFRINIC

> Board approval and we have now declared the End of last call on them as no

> objection was raised

> 1. Multihoming not required for ASN

It is surprising that the “multihoming not required for ASN” proposal
passes the last call without any changes despite all the discussions about
its problem statement and the design of the proposed solution during the
two last PPMs.

I hope you draw the consequences for now and the future...

--
Arnaud

2. Adjusting IPv6 PA Policy