[rpd] End of LAST call

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Fri Jan 31 06:34:19 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 31/01/2020 08:51, Daniel Yakmut via RPD wrote:

> I don't agree with your submission that; "All of the “objections” I saw

> seemed to indicate a clear lack of understanding of RPKI in general and

> the proposal in specific."

> I particularly raised a concern "The current state of RPKI

> infrastructure, does not provide a sufficient period between revocation

> of ROA and notification that a given prefix has been allocated to an

> organization, which can impact considerably on allocations.

I would like to get more specific information:

1. According to you, Daniel: how much time does the "current state of
RPKI" provide between revocation of ROA and notification that a given
prefix has been allocated to an organization?

2. How much time would you consider "sufficient"?

3. which impact on allocations to you see?

Thanks,
Frank
(co-author)

> Except we

> can be able to provide a sufficient period or create a different

> procedure, the proposal for the RPKI-ROAs does not fly"

> and I did not receive any response from the author(s), I suspect this is

> a concern that is critical and important to possible adoption and

> implementation this proposal

> However, I will agree that the author(s) may have been overwhelm with

> the number of "objections" raised and could not keep track of it and

> response, hence I will suggest that the co-chairs could help by

> summarising the objections for the action of the author(s).

> Simply.

> Dan

> On 31/01/2020 3:18 am, Owen DeLong wrote:

>> I agree with Nishal, Jordi, and Frank.

>> All of the “objections” I saw seemed to indicate a clear lack of understanding of RPKI in general and the proposal in specific.

>> All of them raised concerns that simply don’t fit the facts of what is being proposed.

>> I did not see any legitimate or critical objections. If there is something I missed, please enumerate it (them) for the edification of the list.

>> Owen

>>> could you enumerate those “critical objections” please. that would help the authors to fix this for round two.

>>> from my perspective, the last series of responses, came from a fundamental misunderstanding of what RPKI is, and how it works.