[rpd] New policy proposals and updated ones

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Mon Dec 30 17:28:31 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 30/12/2019 17:38, Paschal Ochang wrote:
...> Finally I dont think it will be a nice idea allowing resource holders

> to create AS0 ROA as I think this scenario might increase the issue of

> invalid prefixes in the routing tables.

There are cases where a resource holder (who has need and justification
for the resources) does not want the resources advertised.

IXP peering LANs are the first and best example, and more are not needed.
In other words: the resource holder can make that decision and that is Good.

That's why I registered ROAs for our IXP peering LANs right after
AfriNIC enabled this.

Only resource holders who are very sure that they don't want to see
their prefixes in the (global) routing table will register ROAs with AS0.
And then these prefixes - if really seen in the routing tables - are
really invalid and should be treated as such.

The resource holder sets the (desired) policy. AfriNIC provides a tool
(RPKI).

Regards,
Frank