[rpd] Other recent issues raised with AFPUB-2019-GEN-002-DRAFT02

ALAIN AINA aalain at trstech.net
Mon Nov 18 15:24:36 UTC 2019

Hello,

Some issues arose from recent discussions about AFPUB-2019-GEN-002-DRAFT02. See below some viewpoints from the authors:

1-IPv6 in the transfer policy for M&A

The policy proposal covers IPv4 and ASN. We see no need to include IPV6 as discussed previously.
IPv6 in case of M&A is covered by the section 6d(v) and (vi) of the RSA as below:

The applicant acknowledges

----
6d

(v) that the transfer of number resources is strictly prohibited, except in the event of the Applicant becoming the subject of merger and/or acquisition proceedings, or where such transfer is effected in compliance with adopted policies;

(vi) that any request for transfer of number resources for the reason prescribed in sub clause (v) above
must be accompanied by all relevant certified legal documents;
-----

2-The proposal as written does not make it symmetric with other regions

As far as we know, there is no such requirement of symmetry. We discussed sharing a reciprocal, compatible, need-based Inter-RIR policy.

Hope this helps

—Alain