[rpd] Proposal Update received: AFRINIC Number Resources Transfer Policy

ALAIN AINA aalain at trstech.net
Mon Nov 18 14:53:13 UTC 2019

Hello,

Thanks Taiwo for raising this again and thanks to those who contributed to the discussion and proposed text.

Raising this again, meant that the answers I provided last time did not have the expected effect.

You may remember that in my combined response(*) of 3 September 2019, I provided the following response to issue #7:

######
7- FTTH, Cloud... etc providers no longer able to make assignments without afrinic approval

The sub-allocations and assignments by LIRs are not transfers... these organizations do not need approval from AFRINIC to register assignments in the database and the process for sub-allocations is known.

This policy does not change these practices
########

This is a proposed transfer policy and not an allocation/assignment policy. As you can see the transfer policy does not amend the current allocation/assignment policies (section 5.0 of the CPM). It only obsoletes section 5.7

The text under discussion, shown below, is to explicitly prevent people from considering unapproved private change of right of use and ownership of resources held by members (allocated PA, assigned PI, assigned ASN) and LIR assignments to users (assigned PA) as legitimate transfers.

Hope this clarifies

-Alain

(*) https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2019/009975.html