[rpd] Proposal Update received: AFRINIC Number Resources Transfer Policy

Taiwo Oyewande taiwo.oyewande88 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 15:13:34 UTC 2019

Hi all,

This policy seems unrealistic with the amount of assignments of network resources which takes place daily

In section 2.0:
"Number resources are non-transferable and are not assignable to any other organization unless AFRINIC has expressly and in writing approved a request for transfer. AFRINIC is tasked with making prudent decisions on whether to approve the transfer of number resources".

Assignment takes place on a regular basis between business and business, and business and end-user. If all of these assignments need AFRINIC's approval, It will be an herculean task if not impossible for AFRINIC to manage such massive amount of assignment.
For instance, if every assignment approval takes 2-3 days (maybe even way longer!), this means during the "pre-approval period" businesses and end-users will not have the resource they need for daily operations.

People get IP to assign to customers by its very definition. To be frank, I think this policy is unpractical, thus I hereby oppose it.

Regards