[rpd] AFRINIC Number Resources Transfer Policy

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 15:00:36 UTC 2019

This proposal states in 5.7.3.2 that "the source entities are eligible
to receive further IPv4 allocations or assigments from AFRINIC". What is
the logic on that ?
If a organization is transferring its resources it means it doesn't need
them anymore and therefore it doesn't make sense they can receive any
further space from AFRINIC.

It also proposes in 5.7.4.1 that "the transfer does not require approval
from AFRINIC". Of course there must be a mutual agreement on both sides
for a transfer to happen but the RIR must check everything and 'approve'
that everything is correct and can happen. Furthermore the justification
for coming 10 years it way to long and I've never seen it in any other
place which for me doesn't make sense otherwise would clearly allow
stockpiling which is one of the key things to be avoided in IP
assignment since the very beginning.

The proposal also removes something fundamental to fix a historical
mistake, with the removal o 5.7.4.3 which converts legacy transferred
resources to non-legacy.

Therefore I can not support this proposal as it is.

Fernando