[rpd] Proposal Update received: AFRINIC Number Resources Transfer Policy

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 17:24:01 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Le lundi 21 octobre 2019, Fernando Frediani <fhfrediani at gmail.com> a écrit :

> There is no need to transfer ASNs between regions as they are not scarce

> resource (unless it's a 16 bit one) the same way as IPv6.

Dear Fernando,
Thanks for your kick and clear answer. I'm getting your point now.

IMHO, i think that there are other reasons to transfer any kind of Internet
resources, including
ASNs (4 bytes) and IPv6. For instance, i can not understand why the authors
have not consider
my request for them to add IPv6 into their $resource pool definition.

...have you considered the cases of mergers and acquisitions ?

> If one is moving regions and doesn't have an ASN in the new region it can

> request and receive from the local RIR.

...ok, please also take in account the other use-cases we could have when
it comes to a cause of
$resource transfers. For me, i think it could be needed, sometimes, to
transfer an Internet
$resource even if it is not yet in scarcity. I may be wrong though :-/

Shalom,
--sb.

> Fernando

> On 21/10/2019 12:15, Sylvain Baya wrote:

> [...]

Best Regards !

Sylvain BAYA
cmNOG's Co-Founder & Coordinator
(+237) 677005341
PO Box 13107 YAOUNDE / CAMEROON
baya.sylvain [AT cmNOG DOT cm]
abscoco2001 [AT yahoo DOT fr]
http://www.cmnog.cm
https://cmnog.wordpress.com
‪#‎LASAINTEBIBLE‬(‪#‎Romains15‬:33):"Que LE ‪#‎DIEU‬ de ‪#‎Paix‬ soit
avec vous tous!‪#‎Amen‬!"
‪#‎MaPrière‬ est que tu naisses de nouveau.
‪#‎Chrétiennement‬
« Comme une biche soupire après des courants d’eau, Ainsi mon
âme soupire après toi, ô DIEU! » (Psaumes 42 :2)