[rpd] 1st PDWG Webinar (REMINDER AND MEETING LINK)

Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 13:39:58 UTC 2019

Dear Abdulkarim,

Many thanks for the initiative on this webinar.

Despite that, I will like to mention that there was no wider consultation
on the scheduling which is what I know as a bottom approach. (Maybe that
was done and I did not get the mail, you may wish to point me or the
community to that email)

Firstly,* time and schedules are not imposed on a voluntary
service-oriented community*. There is an expectation that we respect
people's time to get better participation.
Secondly, time zone differences of the community members were not put into
consideration.

My general suggestion for improvement of the processes is that you set up a
doodle poll with different time considerations for members to select based
on their convenience/preference. Thereafter, you send a Google Calendar
invite for members to note it in their personal calendar.

Warm regards.

*Caleb Ogundele*

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 12:05 PM ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE <
oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng> wrote:

> Dear all,

> This is to remind us all of the webinars at 17:00 UTC today. We hope that

> the webinar would help us understand some of the policy better. It is also

> our hope that this would help increase participation in the Policy process

> of AFRINIC. Please, We look forward to welcoming you. Below is the link for

> the meeting:

> Topic: AFRINIC PDWG Webinar

> Time: Sep 24, 2019, 05:00 PM Universal Time UTC

> Join Zoom Meeting

> https://zoom.us/j/478050502

> One tap mobile

> +16465588656,,478050502# US (New York)

> +16699006833,,478050502# US (San Jose)

> Meeting ID: 478 050 502

> Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ad3HlzkMrf

> Best Regards

> Co-Chair

> On Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 11:17 PM ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE <

> oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng> wrote:

>> Dear all,

>> Thank you for the great feedback. We hope to see lots of us joining the

>> webinar.

>> Unfortunately, we would not be able to provide translation service

>> durring the first webinar. However, we would try our best to request for

>> this service subsequently.

>> Thank you for your understanding.

>> Abdulkarim

>> Co-Chair

>> On Wed, 18 Sep 2019, 07:47 Sami Salih, <sami.salih at outlook.com> wrote:

>>> Dear Co-chairs

>>> Its really great to see that you are organizing such activity, I hope

>>> this webinars will contribute to have a better understanding of the

>>> proposed policies in our region. I will take this opportunity to encourage

>>> authors to arrange to have a slot in this session or in the forthcoming

>>> series.

>>> I also recommend to not have more than TWO proposals per session and

>>> then utilize our rpd to follow-up and summaries the discussion.

>>> Regards,

>>> *Dr. Sami H.O. Salih*

>>> Assistant Prof, School of Electronics Engineering, SUST

>>> Head of R&D, NTC, SUDAN

>>> President of SDv6TF

>>> T/F: (249)122045707/187171355

>>> ------------------------------

>>> proposals.

>>> Webinars are open to any interested individual from any part of the

>>> world.

>>> In view of the above, we have decided to hold the 1st of the webinar

>>> series on Tuesday 24th September at 17:00- 18:00 UTC.

>>> Authors who intend to present during this webinar should please send an

>>> email to pdwg at afrinic.net to signify their interest on or before 12:00

>>> UTC on 22nd Sept 2019

>>> I hope we would take time out of our busy schedule to attend this

>>> webinar. Details on how to join the webinar shall be communicated as soon

>>> as possible.

>>> Thank You

>>> Co-Chairs

>>> PDWG

>>> Website <http://www.unilorin.edu.ng>, Weekly Bulletin

>>> <http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/bulletin> UGPortal

>>> <http://uilugportal.unilorin.edu.ng/> PGPortal

>>> <https://uilpgportal.unilorin.edu.ng/>

> --

> *Dr. Abdulkarim A.Oloyede*. *B. Eng (BUK), M.Sc (York), PhD (York),

> R.Eng, A+*

> *Senior Lecturer, **Department of Telecommunications Science,

> University of Ilorin, Nigeria*

> *Vice Chairman, Telecommunications Development Advisory Group (TDAG), **International

> Telecommunication Union (ITU).*

> *Alternative Emails: olouss at yahoo.com <olouss at yahoo.com> OR

> aao500 at york.ac.uk <aao500 at york.ac.uk>*

> Website <http://www.unilorin.edu.ng>, Weekly Bulletin