[rpd] New Policy Proposal Received - "IPv4 Inter-RIR Legacy Resource Transfers (Comprehensive Scope) AFPUB-2019-v4-002-DRAFT01"

Sylvain BAYA abscoco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 15:41:07 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Le mar. 3 sept. 2019 10:02 AM, Ernest Byaruhanga <ernest at afrinic.net
<mailto:ernest at afrinic.net>> a écrit :

[...]
> ...what you say here could have a huge consequence, to my
understanding :-/
> I mean that, is it the CPM which supersides the RSA ?

The RSA is contractual/legally binding between the member and AFRINIC.
The CPM is an output of a community driven bottom up PDP process.
The two documents therefore serve different purposes, yet are
interdependent; (see RSA 4(c)) -
https://www.afrinic.net/ast/pdf/services/afrinic-rsa-en-201801.pdf

> ...or, on which of the two you (Staff) accord the greatest priority ?

If the matter is contractual in nature, it’s the RSA. If policy
related, it's the CPM.
However, breach or non-compliance to policy leads to RSA breach due
to the same RSA 4(c).

Thank you very much, for this clear explanation, Ernest.

>>> • [...]
>> True, but the CPM can be rearranged as appropriate if need be.
>
> :-) ...so, please could you plan to do it for the other similar
cases we
> have in this CPM ?

Of course.

Good news !
...then, Ernest, i shall (probably) kindly remind it to you ; if need be ;-)

Anyway, please don't hesitate if you need any help, while working on
this issue.
You can count me as a volunteer (if needed).

Shalom,
--sb.

Ernest.

Sylvain B.