[rpd] End of Last Call for SL Update and IPv6 PI Clarification Policies

Sylvain BAYA abscoco at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 19:07:14 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Thanks for your notification Abdulkarim.
Please other comments below (inline)...

Le 8/7/2019 à 10:20 AM, ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE a écrit :

> Dear PDWG members,

> You would recall that on 18th  July 2019, we announced that last call

> for the following policy proposals would end on 25 July 2019.

...for sure, but today we are the 07th of august 2019 :-)

> - SL Update

> - IPv6 PI Clarification

> This is to formally declare that the last call period for the above

> proposals indeed came to a close on 25 July 2019, and since there were

> no issues arising during that period, the consensus decision from

> AFRINIC30 is still maintained.

There is no clear rule (/CPM sections 3.4.3 and 3.4.4 /) about the exact
moment to notify
the PDWG that the last call period is ended ; but i think it's important
that the Chairs
make an extra (if needed) effort to send this notification the day
following the last
call date. Because, if someone forget the deadline, he can comment on
a policy which
is no longer open to comments (/that is Morgan's Law/) :-)

> Co-Chairs will now send a report to the Board recommending

> ratification of the two above proposals in line with CPM 3.0.

Dear Chairs, IMHO when a policy reaches consensus i think that it means
that the Policy
Community (or PDWG) have aggreed to have it implemented ASAP. Again,
even if it's, right
now, just an operational (/means only depends on Chairs decision/)
question, i think you
Chairs should consider this task as a priority. Because if you send your
report earlier,
the policy will be implemented earlier i guess :-)

...i count two weeks since 2019.07.25, then if your mail was informing
us that you have
already sent the report to the BoD, i'ld have seen no problem ; but it
took you two weeks
to tell us (/without //any timing/) that you will send a report to the BoD.

Excuse me but, i'm still new on these policy things, so maybe i'm
missing something ?

> Thank You

Thanks.

All my encouragements to your efforts !