[rpd] inputs on IPv4 Inter-RIR policy proposals

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Sun Jul 14 22:03:18 UTC 2019

Hi John,

Let's make sure I understood your point:
"One clause that I would be quite happy with is something like "Once
you have sold IPv4 address space, you are not eligible to get any from
Afrinic again", instead of the 12 month period."

We have this right now for intra-RIR:

5.7.3.2 Source entities will not be eligible to receive any further IPv4 address allocations or assignments from AFRINIC for a period of 12 months after a transfer approval.

5.7.3.3 Source entities must not have received a transfer, allocation, or assignment of IPv4 number resources from AFRINIC for the 12 months prior to the approval of transfer request. This restriction excludes mergers and acquisitions transfers.

-> If I got you correctly, you mean:
5.7.3.2 Source entities will not be any more eligible to receive any further IPv4 address allocations or assignments from AFRINIC.

Is that your point? I think I will agree with that, as it is a good protection to avoid anyone getting addresses holding them for 12 months, and then selling those and asking for more (which or course at some point will not be possible one AFRINIC run out).

Let's make sure and check what other participants believe.

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet