[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Lobbying Allegations against W

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Sat Jul 6 04:06:47 UTC 2019

Mirriam,

I have just one question – why do you feel that you can talk on behalf of the community in the way that you are? You state:

Since Larus Foundation fellowship program is not popular within the community due to the issues raised by members of the community, my suggestion and I will repeat again, is that AFRINIC takes a central role with matters related to fellowship. Larus Foundation is better of working with AfriNIC, if indeed they mean well for this community.

Who is this community you refer to? Because – I’m pretty sure there are plenty members of this community who are just fine with what they have done – myself included – and in fact the opposition has been relatively limited. So – is the community suddenly just a few detractors? Does this mean I, and others like me, are not part of “the community”? I really get a little concerned when I pretty consistently see these grandiose statements on behalf of “the community” rather than stating individual opinions, or the opinions of a specific sub-set.

Andrew