[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Larus foundation fellowship

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Jul 3 03:17:38 UTC 2019

> On Jul 2, 2019, at 11:25 , Ousmane M. TESSA <ousmane at musatesa.net> wrote:

> Hi all!

> Gathering and filtering public debates in the purpose to "guide" newcomers!

> Great, but I'm really aware as such "education materials" was dedicated to "selected" people, under NDA or not, just before another AfriNIC AGM.

There was no NDA.

The materials are public and anyone is welcome to view them.

> Thanks for the "contributors" for "educating" those receiving grants.

> As Andrew says, it's just a "comprehensive" campaign of lobbying. It's a dangerous step towards the trick to "lout resources" and "help" the community owner, when issues raise. Same behaviors in mine, oïl sectors!

> Inacceptable, if AfriNIC community continues to have faith in its core mission and objectives, which are not to sell by to share for the benefits of Internet in Africa.

I can’t tell what you’re trying to say here, so I’ll refrain from commenting other than to say that I believe “lobbying” is a mischaracterization of what happened.

The intent of the Larus Foundation fellowships is to be steadfastly neutral. If you have suggestions how Larus Foundation can improve in that area, such suggestions are welcome and will be given due consideration.