[rpd] Legacy holders?

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Tue Jul 2 18:16:09 UTC 2019

In message <995E2922-AFB1-4915-B119-BA489E825FF7 at controlfreak.co.za>,
Nishal Goburdhan <nishal at controlfreak.co.za> wrote:

>On 01 Jul 2019, at 21:37, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com>

>wrote:

>> How would one compile such a list, i.e. a list of all 350 or so

>> "legacy" Afrinic members?

>> Surely there must be some way to do that, yes?

>if you are looking for legacy resources, consider:

>ftp.afrinic.net/pub/stats/afrinic/delegated-afrinic-latest is meant to

>be a list of afrinic delegations; along with a datestamp. see, as an

>example:

>afrinic|ZA|asn|1228|1|19910301|allocated

>looking for "early" allocation like these, will be a

>good hint as to who might hold legacy resources. in the example above,

>even thought at first glance, this might appear to be a legacy resource,

>you'll see that the ORG that this is allocated to, is *not*

>considered legacy. thus the ORG status, as non-legacy, trumps the

>resource status.

Thanks for that! This is all very helpful information!

>> OK. Thanks. What does a line like this specifiy?

>> org-type: MEMBER-ONLY

>> Is that a non-legacy organization?

>yes.

>"member-only" status, as seen here, is a non-resource

>holding member of afrinic. as this is an afrinic construct, it would

>be, by definition, non-legacy. if you find a case of this type of

>member holding resources, you should definitely point that out to the

>hostmaster team.

Noted. Thank you very much.

I will do as you suggest and notify hostmaster@ when and If I come
upon any such.

However you mentioned that I could sign something in order to get
direct access to the whole Afrinic WHOIS data base (which I already
do in the case of some other RIRs). Maybe I could be of most help
by getting that and then programatically searching for all such
cases (which I imagine would not be all that hard to do).

Where do I sign up for (as you put it) Afrnic WHOIS "mirroring"?

Regards,
rfg