[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Larus foundation fellowship

Anne-vivien Paris a.v.p at outsideheaven.com
Tue Jul 2 13:02:50 UTC 2019

Hi, I would like to clarify the following:

1. There is no any form of NDA required to be signed by our fellow. The
materials we distribute are in public domain; everyone can access to it.
The content is unbiased and factual and we do not keep it as something
confidential. We do not know where you procure this and with what means,
but the content is accessible to anyone who place a request on it. All
arguments listed on the booklet are selected from discussions on the RDP
list with the names of the author given out of consideration of
anti-plagiarism and respect. Hence, pros and cons represent the opinion of
the community instead of that of the Foundation.

2. The Foundation is a registered NGO in Hong Kong which is independent of
any other organisation. The foundation has its own legal entity and
structure, and your named cloud innovation does not interfere with
Foundation’s affairs. We urge you to reconsider your statement and provide
supporting documents/evidences regarding this otherwise we consider this as
defamation.

3. Larus Foundation does not represent any party’s single interest. As
mentioned in the above, it is a legally registered and recognised NGO which
serves the community instead of a single party. Hence, it is unjust to
correlate the Foundation with any single party and Foundation has never
“hijack the PDP for its sordid intentions”. Your statement does not have
any ground. This can be considered as defamation without any concrete
evidenced provided.

We support fellows of various nationalities to attend RIR meetings,
including but not limited to Tunisia, Uganda, Congo, South Korea and
America. We believe the Internet is One and thus all parties in the world
are concerned. The Foundation believes that we all work towards a single
goal, ie a better Internet irrespective of our nationalities.

We sincerely urge you to re-examine and reconsider your statements to
prevent any unnecessary understanding within the community.

For your reference, Larus Foundation is based in Hong Kong, which serves as
an organisation to promote Internet number resources education. We aim to
educate the general public, regardless of their age, gender, nationality,
race, educational level and background as we believe everyone is a
stakeholder in the world of Internet. We uphold a non-selective, fair and
transparent principle.

We carry out a series of events, including conferences, seminars, workshops
and fellowship programme. Our fellowship programme provides support for
various parties, particularly students and academics to participate in
policy-making and Internet governance conferences.

If you are interested about our Foundation, you can find more here:
https://www.larusfoundation.org/

Also, you are welcome to apply for our upcoming fellowship programme for
AFRINIC 31:
https://www.larusfoundation.org/about-the-fellowship/

A brief timeline for your reference:
Application Opened 1st July, 2019
First Interview 30th July, 2019
Application Closed 30th July, 2019
Second Interview 18th August, 2019
Education workshop and seminar 3rd September - 21st September, 2019
Final Interview 24th October, 2019
Result & Confirmation 3rd November, 2019

We can also be reached via email and phone. If you have any questions
regarding the Foundation and its events, please do not hesitate to contact
us.

Vivien
*Vivien PARIS*
*Larus FOUNDATION*
p:+44 7746 416450
w: www.larusfoundation.org
a:B5,11/F,TML Tower,No.3 Hoi Shing Road,Tsuen Wan,HKSAR

*Vivien *
*Larus Cloud Service Limited*
p:+852 29888918
f:+852 29888368
e:a.v.p at laruscloudservice.net
w:laruscloudservice.net/
a:B5,11/F,TML Tower,No.3 Hoi Shing Road,Tsuen Wan,HKSAR