[rpd] inputs on IPv4 Inter-RIR policy proposals - AFRINIC needs this policy now!

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Sun Jun 30 22:55:23 UTC 2019

Ronald,

What I stated was entirely correct - before the soft landing kicked in.

The requirement was that the entity be domiciled in Africa - it did NOT state that the resources had to be used by said entity in Africa.

That changed with the soft landing phase 1 kicking in, and applies to any resources in soft landing phase 1.  The status quo remained however on space issued pre soft landing phase 1.

That is the nature of the IPv4 policy as written.

Andrew