[rpd] delay in messages

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Tue Jun 25 10:49:43 UTC 2019

Hi Ernest, all,

I've a question about the RPD list.

When I send a message to the list, it takes over 5-10 minutes to come back.

This doesn't happen with the community list, for example. So that's why I don't think is something in my side.

This is annoying, because 1) you're not sure if the message was actually sent, 2) it may look as if the list is being moderated (I'm sure is not), 3) sometimes you respond a message that already somebody else provided responses for, creating unnecessary traffic (and this is probably the most important reason to resolve it).

Example: My last response to Moses, was sent at 12:26 (my local time). However, only did to the list at 12:33.

If this helps to investigate the issue, the header of the message in the list, shows that both, my server and Afrinic one use IPv6 and that my message was well received, with DMARC, SPF and DKIM correctly set.

Received by mx.afrinic.net Tue, 25 Jun 2019 10:26:54
There is a small spamfilter delay (spamfilter.afrinic.net Tue, 25 Jun 2019 10:27:03)

However:
from lists.afrinic.net Tue, 25 Jun 2019 12:33:06 +0200

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet

IPv4 is over