[rpd] A New Dawn

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Fri Jun 21 20:29:44 UTC 2019

Hi Binta,

> did you confuse your diary and the mailing list? since when is it acceptable to call out people (by names) for not voting for oneself?
>
> if you truly want to change things, you have not started on the right note

I feel there has been some loss-in-translation here. Let's accept Abdulkarim's introduction message as a fresh start with a clean slate. I am sure it was intended as such.

> board members, i urge you to educate your new pdp cochairs

The board members should not get involved in community matters. The PDP chairs are *your*, not the board's. The board only ratifies policies set by this community. Everything that happens before that point is yours and yours [1] alone. Guidance on how to chair this working group must come from the floor, not from the top. But please leave the board out of this to keep a proper separation of responsibilities.

Cheers,
Sander

[1] I was in doubt whether to use "ours" to signify the whole internet community (who does participate in this group) or "yours" to focus on those doing business and living in Africa. I felt the latter was the most important bit, so I focussed on that.