[rpd] inputs on IPv4 Inter-RIR policy proposals - AFRINIC needs this policy now!

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sun Jun 16 22:02:05 UTC 2019

On Sun, 16 Jun 2019, 20:09 JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD, <rpd at afrinic.net>
wrote:

> Thanks Mark,
>
> Short explanation about why I submitted two policy proposals for the same
> problem:
>
> 1) I know some folks in the region (it happened as well in other regions),
> are afraid of IPv4 addresses scaping "out" of the region with this kind of
> policy proposal.

Its not about being afraid. That is what will happen.

> 2) In my presentation I will try to demonstrate, and hopefully convince
> the participants, that this is not the case and that this policy proposal
> is clearly beneficial (and needed) for the region.

Will you be able to demonstrate the availability of reasonable space
outside of our region from regions which ran out of space centuries ago.

> So, as you say, 2019-v4-001-d1, may be a possible interim if I'm not good
> enough selling my arguments.
>
> However, definitively, I think the right direction is 2019-v4-002-d1.
>
> The way both policy proposals are written allows the community to have two
> choices, and even people to support both of them, so we can make some
> progress in any case.

We have an existing intra-rir policy already.

We shall explore that before even attempting to introduce other transfer
policies that would open room for abuse.

No support from me.....