[rpd] Public Policy Meeting Draft Agenda for AfriNIC 31

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Jun 7 23:45:16 UTC 2019

Thanks, Dewole, for putting this together.

> 09:00 – 09:10        Welcome, Introduction & Agenda Overview
> 09:10 – 09:20        The AFRINIC PDP
> 09:20 – 10:45        Policy Development Update from other RIRs
> 09:45 – 10:00        Policy Implementation Experience Report
> 10:00  - 10:30        Multihoming not required for ASN

Support as written. Hopefully this one will not bring up significant controversy. A similar policy is already in place in at least 3 other RIRs. (Not sure about LACNIC).
Not sure why this policy gets a 1/2 hour slot while more controversial policies below get 15 minutes each.

> 10:30 – 11:00        BREAK
> 11:00 – 11:15        IPv4 Inter-RIR Legacy Resource Transfers
> 11:15 – 11:30        IPv4 Inter-RIR Resource Transfers (Comprehensive Scope)
I don’t see any reason to treat transfers of legacy resources separate from non-legacy. In fact, IMHO, any resource which is transferred should require that the new owner receive it as non-legacy status. Legacy status is an accident of history, not a privilege to be retained by subsequent registrants.

> 11:30 - 12:00        SL-Update
Still oppose. Grounds previously stated.

> 12:00 - 12:30        IPv6 PI Clarification
Mostly neutral. Not opposed, slight support, but consider it mostly unnecessary.

> 12:30 - 14:00        LUNCH
> 14:00 – 14:30        Abuse Contact Policy Update
Some concerns here, but mostly neutral.

> 14:30 – 15:00        Internet Number Resources review by AFRINIC
Still opposed. Grounds stated previously.

> 15:00 - 15:30        Provisions for Resource Hijacking
Opposed. Grounds stated previously.

> 15:30 – 16:00        BREAK
> 16:00 – 16:30        Clarification on temporary resource usage
Mostly neutral. Not opposed, slight support, but consider it mostly a no-op.