[rpd] AFPUB-2018-GEN-001-DRAFT02

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Tue May 14 14:42:21 UTC 2019

Hi Ernest, SM, all,

I'm already working in a new version to address the inputs from the impact analysis.

If there are other comments regarding this proposal from the community, I will like to heard them during this week, so I can submit next version by next Monday or so.

As a reminder, here is the actual version link:
https://www.afrinic.net/policy/2018-gen-001-d2#proposal

Regards,
Jordi

El 9/5/19 7:36, "Ernest Byaruhanga" <ernest at afrinic.net> escribió:

    > On 8 May 2019, at 20:09, S. Moonesamy <sm+af at afrinic.net> wrote:
    >
    > Dear Jordi,
    > At 12:11 AM 08-04-2019, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD wrote:
    >> And I tried to address those in v2.
    >
    > Please see the staff assessment for AFPUB-2018-GEN-001-DRAFT02.
    >
    >> The implications in the online voting are to be considered in the implementation phase, as it may have legal implications which are beyond the PDP. If the contract allows policies to restrict the voting, as part of the blocking suggested by the policy, in order to ensure that the member has one more reason to update the contacts, and of course I will be fine with that.
    >
    > There is the following comments from the Legal Adviser:
    >
    >  "Non-compliance with an administrative obligation such as updating
    >   of contact information cannot be construed as such a serious offence
    >   to warrant the blocking of access which would lead to loss of voting
    >   rights. This ultimate sanction is disproportionate with the
    >   non-compliance and should be reviewed. It is not however an illegal
    >   act in Mauritius law."
    >
    > AFPUB-2018-GEN-001-DRAFT02 does not address the above.  I suggest taking Article 7.2 of the Bylaws into consideration as it is about the powers of Resource Members.

    Thanks SM

    Full report at:

    https://www.afrinic.net/policy/2018-gen-001-d2#staff-assessment

    Regards