[rpd] AFPUB-2018-GEN-001-DRAFT02

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Wed May 8 17:09:47 UTC 2019

Dear Jordi,
At 12:11 AM 08-04-2019, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD wrote:
>And I tried to address those in v2.

Please see the staff assessment for AFPUB-2018-GEN-001-DRAFT02.

>The implications in the online voting are to be considered in the
>implementation phase, as it may have legal implications which are
>beyond the PDP. If the contract allows policies to restrict the
>voting, as part of the blocking suggested by the policy, in order to
>ensure that the member has one more reason to update the contacts,
>and of course I will be fine with that.

There is the following comments from the Legal Adviser:

   "Non-compliance with an administrative obligation such as updating
    of contact information cannot be construed as such a serious offence
    to warrant the blocking of access which would lead to loss of voting
    rights. This ultimate sanction is disproportionate with the
    non-compliance and should be reviewed. It is not however an illegal
    act in Mauritius law."

AFPUB-2018-GEN-001-DRAFT02 does not address the above.  I suggest
taking Article 7.2 of the Bylaws into consideration as it is about
the powers of Resource Members.

>If there is a new an updated impact analysis (for v2), I will be
>able to provide also a new version to try to address this and other concerns.

Ok.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy