[rpd] [afnog] Clarification on temporary resource usage

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Apr 12 13:28:14 UTC 2019

I mention this in other emails ...

The right thing to do is to offer a CLAT in the "IPv6-only" SSID (which probably I will call them 464XLAT instead of IPv6-only, or offer both SSIDs).

This means that the users will get dual-stack but with private IPv4 addresses, same as what we have most of the time in our offices and homes.

I've offered (for years already) my help for setting this up, as it can be done with OpenSource in VMs in the NOC if there is a server there.

Still waiting for the response for the next meeting, it looks like being not just AfriNIC, it may be a problem, but looking to those emails, don't looks like that is not anymore that a problem.

Regards,
Jordi

El 12/4/19 15:23, "Frank Habicht" <geier at geier.ne.tz> escribió:

    Hi,

    On 12/04/2019 16:03, Owen DeLong wrote:
    > I am strongly in favor of at least offering an IPv6 only SSID at AfriNIC meetings.

    we probably don't have enough IP addresses for that.
    </Obvious joke>

    > I’m not at all opposed to eliminating the IPv4 capable SSIDs or turning off IPv4 in general.

    and *you* are surely not causing problems because of this, but what
    about others? Are you volunteering to bring and setup the transition
    things to make my skype work and to deal with all the other user problems?

    We found one who has no problem... few hundred to go.

    Greetings,
    Frank