[rpd] [afnog] Clarification on temporary resource usage

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Apr 12 13:25:45 UTC 2019

> On Apr 12, 2019, at 6:21 AM, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:
>

> On 12/Apr/19 15:03, Owen DeLong wrote:
>
>> I am strongly in favor of at least offering an IPv6 only SSID at AfriNIC meetings.
>
> I think this would be good for the upcoming meeting, yes.
>

>> I’m not at all opposed to eliminating the IPv4 capable SSIDs or turning off IPv4 in general.
>
> I'd be okay to do this for a small meeting. For larger meetings, it
> might be an ask dealing with users from a support perspective.

Note that I did say I didn’t oppose it. I didn’t say I thought it was necessarily going to be a
popular approach to the situation, though I guarantee it would raise awareness of the
brokenness of IPv4.

I suppose an interim step might be to provide all IPv4 users an example of the IPv4
experience through three layers of CGNAT.