[rpd] New Policy Proposal Received - "Multihoming not required for ASN (AFPUB-2019-ASN-DRAFT01)" (staff assessment on v1)

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Wed Apr 10 10:41:04 UTC 2019

Hi,

El 10/4/19 12:35, "Sylvain BAYA" <abscoco at gmail.com> escribió:

    Hi all,

    IMHO policies of this type seems to show us that AFRINIC community lake

You mean lack ? Policies and BCOPs are different things. I'm participating in both activities in several regions.

    a Team of volunteers dedicated for BCOPs (Best Common Operations
    Practices) follow-up...

    But that is clearly not the subject :-)

    My comment is inline...

    Le 4/10/2019 à 10:13 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD a écrit :
    > Hi SM, all,
    >
    > I just want to make sure that we all agree with this text.
    >
    > In case you've missed it, this is the resulting "actual" draft:
    >

    > 7.0  ASN
    > This section contains the policies relating to the distribution, management, and use of Autonomous System (AS) numbers in the AFRINIC service region.
    >
    > 7.1  Definitions
    >
    > [Retain under here all text from the current CPM 7.3]
    >
    > 7.2 Eligibility for an AS Number assignment
    >
    > It is important to determine which sites require unique AS Numbers.  Sites which do not require a unique AS Number should use one or more of the AS Numbers reserved for private use. Those numbers are: 64,512 - 65,535 and 4,200,000,000 - 4,294,967,294 (RFC1930, RFC6996 and possible future updates).
    >
    > In order to qualify for an AS number, the requesting organization must be an AFRINIC resource member and fulfill one of the following requirements:
    >
    > 7.4.1 A unique routing policy or
    > 7.4.2 Interconnection with one or more ASNs which requires a globally unique ASN.

    Please Jordi, don't f "other" as Owen has already suggested.

    I strongly think it makes sense to have the following :

Sorry, copied from my track of changes and it seems it didn't worked a copy and paste (and I missed it). This is the text I'm keeping:

7.4.2 Interconnection with one or more other ASNs which requires a globally unique ASN

    "[...]Interconnection with one or more other ASNs ; which require a
    globally unique ASN."

    Thanks and Regards,

    --sb.

    > An organization will also be eligible if it can demonstrate that it will meet any of the above criteria upon receiving an ASN (or within the following six months).
    >

    > Regards,
    > Jordi
    >

    > El 9/4/19 16:32, "Owen DeLong" <owen at delong.com> escribió:
    >
    > [...]