[rpd] AFPUB-2018-GEN-001-DRAFT02

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 15:43:24 UTC 2019

Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos

Hello SM,
On Mon, 8 Apr 2019, 11:13 S. Moonesamy, <sm+af at afrinic.net> wrote:

> Hi Seun,
> At 07:57 AM 08-04-2019, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
> >Since you were once a pdwg co-chair how about you share your
> >experience about how the analysis work was done during your time.
> >You may also want to point to the section of the PDP that suggests
> >that it isn't staff that does draft analysis (since you authored it)
>
> I used to do an analysis of a proposal (as author) before submitting it.

SO: The question was not whether you do analysis as author but whether you
do so and publish same as co-chair. Since you seem to basically be saying
that the author of the proposal being discussed may not have done an
analysis? though you didn't point me to where that was required in the PDP?
You could simply ask him for the specific analysis you are hoping for
instead of directing that to the co-chairs

The last time I checked an author including his/her analysis isn't a
requirement but including a problem statement is. It is then up to the
author to decide on whether including some analysis will be useful to
better provide clarity on the problem statement.

The analysis/review that is however required and mandated by the PDP is
that of staff.

Regards