[rpd] AFPUB-2018-GEN-001-DRAFT02

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Mon Apr 8 07:11:33 UTC 2019

Hi SM,

El 8/4/19 7:41, "S. Moonesamy" <sm+af at afrinic.net> escribió:

    Dear Jordi,

    I asked a question about AFPUB-2018-GEN-001-DRAFT02 during the last
    policy meeting.  From what I recall of the responses, the proposal
    could prevent Resource Members from accessing the online voting
    system which is used for elections.  Is there an analysis of the
    proposal for Resource Members to understand its potential impact once
    it becomes a policy?

There is no staff assessment for this proposal version (v2).

There is one for the previous version (v1):
https://www.afrinic.net/policy/2018-gen-001-d1#staff-assessment

And I tried to address those in v2.

The implications in the online voting are to be considered in the implementation phase, as it may have legal implications which are beyond the PDP. If the contract allows policies to restrict the voting, as part of the blocking suggested by the policy, in order to ensure that the member has one more reason to update the contacts, and of course I will be fine with that.

In some RIRs this is possible, not in some others. So, if the implementation determines that this is not feasible in this case, of course, the implementation will need to make the blocking in such way that it respects the online voting.

If there is a new an updated impact analysis (for v2), I will be able to provide also a new version to try to address this and other concerns.

    Regards,
    S. Moonesamy