[rpd] New Policy Proposal Received - "Multihoming not required for ASN (AFPUB-2019-ASN-DRAFT01)"

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Fri Apr 5 23:12:38 UTC 2019

Hi Jordi,
At 03:04 PM 05-04-2019, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD wrote:
>I agree, and you may guess that if I know that it was being
>published today, is because I've asked already to the staff :-)

Ok.

>I don't keep myself the emails from that discussion (I delete them
>once I respond), and you are deleting that text, so I can to see it
>anymore ... So please, don't delete text from emails, so to have a
>fluid discussion!

I'll try to remember that for your emails.

>I captured it from the mailing list archive. I think you mean this:
>
>After receiving feedback from Resource Members, I read the
>information on the web site to see what could be useful to
>them.  Here's an example: "All requests for ASNs under these criteria
>will be evaluated using the guidelines described in RFC 1930 or its
>successors".  That RFC contains ten pages.  The English version of
>the text in your email fits in one page.  That text contains the
>words "routing policy".  Would a network operator  understand those words?
>
>-> Yes, anyone requesting an ASN MUST understand that. Anyone
>reading the policy manual MUST understand that. Otherwise, they
>should ask the staff or get some training!

Thanks for the response.

>There was also the following in the text: "or be planning to
>interconnect within a period of no more than six (6) month as of the
>moment of the application".  Is that clearer in comparison with "a
>reasonably short time thereafter"?
>
>-> I don't see where is that text? Anyway, in my opinion, in some
>cases it is better to not provide strict deadline, so in a case by
>case basis the staff can decide.

There are the following words in the service level commitment [1]:
"provide an effective response on all queries addressed to it, within
two (2) working days".  Should that be changed to: provide an
effective response on all queries addressed to it, within a
reasonably short time thereafter?

>-> if you mean that in LACNIC they mention six months, I didn't
>developed that policy

Yes.

>proposal and didn't realized about that. I may probably actually
>suggest a policy to reword it there as well ...

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://www.afrinic.net/commitment