[rpd] New Policy Proposal Received - "Multihoming not required for ASN (AFPUB-2019-ASN-DRAFT01)"

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Mar 28 20:28:09 UTC 2019

Actually, it’s not entirely true.

You might not be multi-homed to separate providers, but you might need to announce BGP for a variety of purposes involving traffic
management and/or unique routing policies across different connections to the same provider.

You might need to be able to pass along customer announcements and exchange routes via BGP with your customers. While I would
consider this case to be multi-homing, many people connote multi-homing to be limited to an expression of connection to multiple upstream providers.

Owen