[rpd] New Policy Proposal Received - "Multihoming not required for ASN (AFPUB-2019-ASN-DRAFT01)"

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 15:17:41 UTC 2019

Hello

I want to give my support to the proposal for "Multhoming not required
for ASN" (AFPUB-2019-ASN-DRAFT01).

As the author states in the summary and justification now a days
requiring Multihoming is something obsolete and nothing something really
necessary.

With the exhaustion of IPv4 it becomes increasing important, specially
for newer companies to have their own IPv4 addresses as they will hardly
be able to have any reasonable size of allocations from upstream
providers as it used to be before. As also mentioned one may wishes to
have their own allocation and stable addresses, will not depend from
upstream providers and be able to announce their PI space.

Fernando