[rpd] New Policy Proposal - Simple Update of the PDP (AFPUB-2018-GEN-002-DRAFT01)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Dec 11 23:50:21 UTC 2018

> On Dec 11, 2018, at 11:58 , S Moonesamy <sm+af at afrinic.net> wrote:
>
> Dear Ish,
> At 05:30 AM 02-12-2018, Ish Sookun wrote:
>> Maybe the PDWG Chairs could help me understand whether I am wrong to
>> believe that the current "rough consensus" already includes both
>> participation on the RPD list and the PPM. I did ask a similar question
>> [1] during a presentation by Dewole. It was more about how do PDWG
>> Chairs deal with if authors try to influence a discussion in their favor
>> by using multiple free email accounts and sending emails on the RPD list?
>
> The matter mentioned above is well-understood in another venue.

The ruling from the appeal committee when the review policy decision was appealed after the Dakar meeting showed that in the opinion of the appeal committee, the consensus decision to send to last call should be based solely on the feedback in the meeting as they considered it legitimate for the co-chairs to dismiss all unaddressed feedback and objections raised at previous meetings and on the list prior to the Dakar meeting.

That’s one of the reasons those of us in opposition went to such lengths to make sure our unaddressed objections were repeated on the record in Hammamet.