[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Fwd: Can the Board and the CEO please get in sync?

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Thu Dec 6 17:09:15 UTC 2018

> On 6 Dec 2018, at 21:00, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>

> Thanks for that clarification, Alan.
>
> So I take it there are now defined two independent potential appeal points.
>
> 1. We can appeal the decision of consensus and the two week clock started running November 29.
>
> 2.  We can appeal a decision to send to last call, which has not yet occurred and such 2 week clock will start upon the last call being announced to the list.
>
> These being independent of the additional appellate point which may arise should the last call fail to consider the objections raised.
>
> Is this a correct understanding of your statement?

I don’t want to speculate on whether the decision to start the last call might be an appealable decision independent of the decision to declare consensus at the meeting last week.

The chief aim of my previous message was to explain that we are in the gap between the consensus call at the meeting last week, and the start of the last call (which has not yet happened).

Alan Barrett