[rpd] Sami's status as a co-chair

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Tue Dec 4 16:49:42 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I want to clarify something – to be very sure.

If I am correct – there was no election of a PDP co-chair in Tunisia.  Can someone please confirm that?  Because if there was no election – we only have ONE chair at the moment – and Sami’s status as a co-chair has lapsed and he cannot adjudicate on consensus.

I say this – because in Dakar – and for those of you that were not there, please see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWTApl4QHfY at about 13 minutes in, Sami’s position was granted as interim only – and only for the following 6 months until the next PDP.

So – unless there was an election called – and video evidence of this – Sami is no longer eligible to act in the position of co-chair – since his mandate was not granted by this community on the floor of a meeting, and as per the legal counsel at the Dakar meeting – any position into which Sami entered – was only valid until the November meeting, and the co-chair goes on, on record on the microphone to further state that Sami was only appointed “Until the next PDP meeting”

Sami – on that note, thank you for your service as the interim co-chair over the preceeding 6 months.

Andrew