[rpd] Opposing the last call made on the review policy

Ish Sookun ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu
Tue Dec 4 15:04:36 UTC 2018

Hi Eucharia,

On 11/30/18 6:07 PM, Eucharia Maryann wrote:
> [..] the review policy will put the end
> users and their business at risk and the end users are those we are
> suppose to protect their interest but now we are creating policy that
> will endanger their lives and business this is because the end users are
> not aware of the punishment and the troubles they will get into if an
> ISP violates the law or if an ISP is found wanting.

IMHO the policies do not cause any harm unless a member decides not to
comply and to ignore any call for compliance. Section 13.4 (B) of the
policy proposal states that:

    « If the situation cannot be rectified and the member did not
      transfer the ressources to meet other AFRINIC-approved needs as
      per adopted policies AFRINIC shall publish the resources to be
      recovered for a period of three (3) months; during which the
      organization may at any time, seek compliance or transfer the
      ressources to other members. »

There is a period to seek compliance.

What could be missing though is a mechanism to limit the trouble to end
users in the process of resources recovery if there is no effort to
comply. Can something be proposed in that sense?

Regards,

Ish Sookun

P.S. There are two occurrences of "ressources" in the proposal which
should be written as "resources" instead.