[rpd] Query on appeal

Lu Heng h.lu at anytimechinese.com
Mon Dec 3 13:36:11 UTC 2018

Hi

I would like to give my support to the appeal on moving this proposal to
last call.

One thing I would like to make community aware of is the importance of
“process”.

*Procedural justice: Justice must not only be done, but must be seen to be
done.*

Events like this hurt the very process we protect. RIR's legitimacy relies
heavily on the community process, as RIR doesn't have any army behind to
support them to manage a vast amount of internet resources. All they have,
is a process that is open, transparent, inclusive to every one. Damaging
this process is same as damaging the very foundation in which RIR is built
on. Events like this which bullies one side to get through a policy, is
like nuking the earth to get rid of enemy. Yes, you may well be achieved in
getting rid of your opponent, but then you are also destroy the very planet
on where you live.

I understand both sides care about the community we live in, and I hope the
joy of winning a battle will not outweigh the very home we both live in.

If some part of the community feels such a policy is necessary, I am very
much willing talk to them to help them to address my concerns.

Hoping moving forward, I hope the author would be willing to take the
policy back to discussion phase with added change which  address most of
our concerns, and passing it at the next meeting with real consensus. It
will be the best outcome of this very event.

With regards.

Lu

On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 at 23:25, Timothy Ola Akinfenwa <
akin.akinfenwa at uniosun.edu.ng> wrote:

> I believe the community needs this policy however, I am supporting the
> appeal against the decision to move this policy proposal to last call due
> to the numerous clarifications still begging for answers on the proposal.
>
> Tim Ola Akinfenwa
>
> On Sun, 2 Dec 2018, 11:15 AM 1mgirlieadezpet at gmail.com <
> 1mgirlieadezpet at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> The reason for the PDWG and meetings is so individuals can put forward
>> reasonable points why a policy should or should not be integrated. I wonder
>> why it isn't so in this particular case as no clear consensus has reached
>> up until this moment.
>> A policy such as this which has so many oppositions shouldn't be pushed
>> to the last call.
>> In view of the above, I will also like to lend my voice and indicate my
>> support of this appeal.
>>
>> Warmest regards
>> Graceful
>>
>> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>> <https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 10:49 AM, Taiwo Oyewande
>> <taiwo.oyewande88 at gmail.com> wrote:

Kind regards.
Lu