[rpd] New Policy Proposal - Simple Update of the PDP (AFPUB-2018-GEN-002-DRAFT01)

Ish Sookun ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu
Sun Dec 2 13:30:37 UTC 2018

Dear Jordi,

Section 3.4.2 of the CPM does state that the PDWG Chairs look for rough
consensus. The later parts use the word consensus but I believe it's
clear that it's rough consensus and should not be interpreted otherwise.

However, I agree that it helps if more clarity is brought on how the
rough consensus is achieved, which until now I believed it to be
balancing both the discussions on the mailing and those at the PPM.

Therefore, I felt that the proposed section is not really asking any
change in the current process except bringing some clarity and reducing
the announcement timeframe on the mailing list.

Maybe the PDWG Chairs could help me understand whether I am wrong to
believe that the current "rough consensus" already includes both
participation on the RPD list and the PPM. I did ask a similar question
[1] during a presentation by Dewole. It was more about how do PDWG
Chairs deal with if authors try to influence a discussion in their favor
by using multiple free email accounts and sending emails on the RPD list?

Regards,

Ish Sookun

[1] https://twitter.com/sminmu/status/1067028462114930688