[rpd] Policy Proposal Update - Inter-RIR Resource Transfers v2

Willy MANGA mangawilly at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 21:31:54 UTC 2018

Hi Owen,

Le 28/11/2018 à 21:14, Owen DeLong a écrit :

>>[...]
>> * No need to transfer IPv6
> IPv6 would be allowed for M&A/Relocation under current proposal. It would not be allowed for other purposes.

Then I oppose to IPv6 transfer. At least in this proposal.

>>[...]
> Currently ASN transfers are allowed between APNIC and RIPE. ARIN will likely soon implement a similar policy for ASNs (it has been forwarded to the board for adoption by the AC after completing last call). Personally, I opposed this policy during its development, but due to wide support from the community, I did vote to advance it to last call in the AC meeting after the ARIN public policy meeting in Vancouver, BC.

After reading a bit what has been said on ARIN, I may be in favor to
oppose to ASNs transfers because it will 'greatly complicate any future
implementation of an RPKI Global trust anchor' [1] .

We are not RPKI aware in this community (if I'm right) and I prefer to
be cautious on that side. Again, those really involved in ASNs
management can provide more insights here.

1. ARIN staff comments  https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2018_1.html

--
Willy Manga
@ongolaboy