[rpd] Inter-RIR Resource

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Tue Nov 27 17:06:39 UTC 2018

If I’m allowed: Amen!

Regards,

Jordi

De: Paschal Ochang <pascosoft at gmail.com>
Fecha: martes, 27 de noviembre de 2018, 17:17
Para: <rpd at afrinic.net>
Asunto: Re: [rpd] Inter-RIR Resource

I think a support for the inter RIR policy will be beneficial to the whole of Africa. Initially i was worried about how the inward and outward transfer quota can be balanced but from my understanding this policy restricts the transfer of all resources and permits the transfer of ONLY legacy resources to other regions and allows the inward transfer of ALL resources from other regions to the Afrinic region. This clause prevents under the table deals and prevents the mismanagement of resources and lays bare all deals. Secondly when all IPv4 addresses are exhausted which is very imminent how does Afrinic entities have an equivalent access to IPv4 address for initiating  transition mechanisms to IPv6? this policy answers that question and creates a level playing field for all entities in the global market. if we can route IP addresses to other RIRs i see no reason why we cannot create a transfer policy to participate in the global market.