[rpd] "Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC" Update

Arnaud AMELINA amelnaud at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 19:15:11 UTC 2018

Dear cochairs,

The proposal  "Internet Number Resources Review by AFRINIC", addressed  all
staff and legal comments and has been discussed at many PPM. At the last
PPM, minutes read:

" there was both strong opposition and strong support for the policy
proposal for a variety of reasons as expressed above.

Co-chairs decided to return the proposal to the mailing list fort further
discussions and refinement. Co-chairs also suggested that the community
discuss further to see if there are better ways for AFRINIC to tackle the
perceived/observed problem of irresponsible use of (or fraudulent
applications for) Internet numbering resources"

What is the way foward ?

Seems that there's an agreement.on the problem  and the community spirit
that should lead the behaviour of the working group would have brought
oponents to propose improvements to the current policy or other
alternatives.
Otherwise, we are not acting for the interest of our Organisation.

Best regards,

Authors.