[rpd] Questions for Alain...

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Sun Jun 17 13:45:56 UTC 2018

There is a BIG difference to what Saul said,

He said – and I quote “I therefore call for Alain to withdraw both his soft landing policy within 24hours. Should that not happen, I call on the chairs of this group, to use powers of common sense to reject this policy as a conflict of interest.”

Now let’s break down the differences here.

Saul said – I call for X, and if X does not happen, then I call for Y, I have no problem with that – and had Marcus said – I call for Saul to do X and if not then I call for Y to do Z – I would not have a had a problem.

However:

That is not what Marcus did – Marcus did not call for anyone to do anything – he issued a unilateral demand with implied unspecified consequence – in what could be very easily seen as a threat.  That is a BIG difference.

Andrew