[rpd] Questions for Alain...

Lee Howard lee.howard at retevia.net
Fri Jun 8 19:28:57 UTC 2018

On 06/08/2018 11:33 AM, Mike Burns wrote:

> No, the interests of the author should not be considered, but the
> author’s arguments should be considered outside anybody’s feelings
> about the author’s motivations, location, or language.

I think we mostly do a good job of focusing on content of arguments.

> Finally I concur that it’s best to be open about your role to avoid
> inviting these kinds of disputes.

This is why it's good manners to disclose your affiliation.  The point
only matters if someone is working in bad faith: manipulating the
process for their own purposes.

I am not suggesting anyone has done that. Discussing potential problems
before they happen leads to faster, easier resolution.

Lee