[rpd] Migrating quickly to IPv6

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Fri Jun 8 09:11:11 UTC 2018

Hi Owen,
At 04:15 PM 07-06-2018, Owen DeLong wrote:
>Now, that fraction of their user population is currently
>monotonically shrinking and eventually will reach a point where they
>will no longer choose to maintain those translation services. At
>that point, I believe they will truly consider IPv4 irrelevant.
>
>This is not based on any internal or proprietary knowledge of FB (I
>have none) but on their own public statements.

I am not negatively impacted if FB decides to restrict access to FB.

There is currently 72.25% of 102/8 available [1].  At the end of
2017, 43.40% of Afrinic Resource Members had both IPv4 and
IPv6.  Does that mean that half of the networks at my location have
both IPv4 and IPv6?  Does it mean that half of the user base at my
location can access FB over IPv4 and IPv6?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. It is an approximation.