[rpd] Questions for Alain...

Grégoire EHOUMI gregoire.ehoumi at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 7 14:02:43 UTC 2018

 +1
Yesterday was 6th anniversary of IPv6 launch and we see progress.
https://www.ietf.org/blog/world-ipv6-launch-6th-anniversary/

Gregoire

    Le jeudi 7 juin 2018 à 05:38:14 UTC−4, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> a écrit :

On Wed, 6 Jun 2018, 9:57 p.m. Owen DeLong, <owen at delong.com> wrote:

Fast tracking run-out, OTOH, brings AfriNIC in line with the rest of the world and helps get everyone moving towards IPV6 sooner rather than later, thus allowing those who have implemented IPv6 to deprecate their IPv4 albatrosses sooner rather than later, thus allowing the entire internet to move forward sooner rather than later.

So in otherwords we should never give audience to any Inbound or Outbound or Inter-RIR IPv4 transfer policies ever.
We should also never allow any more IPv4 space into this continent.
Good news is that we have an intra-rir policy that will enable IPv4 transfers only within the continent for those who seek to sell and buy IPv4 space in the AfriNIc service region and as such on continent brokers can therefore crop up to only trade available IPv4 on the continent.
This way, we achieve forced IPv6 deployment.
So we are on the right trajectory :-)

RPD mailing list
RPD at afrinic.net