[rpd] IPv4 Soft Landing BIS

Lee Howard lee.howard at retevia.net
Wed May 2 15:27:24 UTC 2018

On 05/01/2018 06:31 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> The good news is that v4 freepool policies probably won’t matter much after Dakar or possibly one more meeting after that. There’s a reason the proponents are in a rush and the opponents are willing to run out the clock.

Why do you think so?

While not authoritative, it looks to me like the existing soft landing
policy has slowed allocations a lot. The current trend looks to me like
Afrinic will cross the last /11 threshold, triggering Phase 2, around 2021.

http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/index.html

I think that means the current soft landing policy is having the desired
effect.

Lee