[rpd] Comments on AFPUB-2018-V6-001-DRAFT01

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Apr 27 13:41:39 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm not sure to completely understand your first question.

The smaller ISP will get from AfriNIC, by default, a /32.

So even if this ISP follows, for example, the BCOP RIPE690 recommendations (which is my suggestion), and allocates /48 to every customer, they will be able to support up to 65.535 possible customers.

If this ISP is bigger, and they need a /30, because they have, for example, 250.000 customers, they need to tell to AfriNIC that they will use /48 per customer, and they will get it ... and so on.

Regarding IPv6 PI, I've another policy proposal to remove that. At this policy proposal I'm just clarifying and correcting languages, and references, that's why I don't tackle the relation to IPv4.

I'm clear that there will be IPv6-only ISPs very soon, so that why if looked at this as well. You need to look at them in order:

https://www.afrinic.net/en/community/policy-development/policy-proposals/2331-ipv6-pi-update

Regards,
Jordi