[rpd] Report on the Policy Proposal “AFPUB-2016-V4-001-DRAFT07" (IPv4 Soft Landing BIS).

Omo Oaiya Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net
Wed Mar 21 07:42:47 UTC 2018

> On 14 Mar 2018, at 09:54, Dewole Ajao <dewole at forum.org.ng> wrote:
>
> Dear PDWG,
>
> Further to the announcement of the Appeals Committee report on the IPv4 Soft Landing – bis v7 policy proposal:
>
> a.	We acknowledge that the Appeals Committee overruled the co-chairs’ decision after last call and interpret their report to communicate that our decision is hereby reversed (although the report does not clearly and explicitly state this).
>
> b.	Our recommendation to the Board to ratify this policy proposal is consequently withdrawn, and hence, the policy proposal goes back to the list.

> Regards,
>
> PDWG Co-Chairs

Dear PDWG Co-Chairs,

It would be good to know what  to expect from the authors now that we have an Appeal Committee with a different definition of consensus, which at its discretion and in violation of the PDP can overrule the Co-Chairs.

Can the Co-chairs  tell us which consensus process shall prevail?  The rfc7282 rough consensus we’ve been following upon the PDP up till this point or the new Appeal Committee’s notion of consensus?

Until we have a clear responses to this issues,  policy proposal discussions and actions sounds like a waste of community time.

Best wishes

For IPv4 Soft Landing BIS authors.