[rpd] Competitions Tribunal Petition

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 14:14:47 UTC 2018

Dear Alan Levin,

I understand that you have a concern with two people posting to the RPD
list using very similar names. Moderation of the RPD mailing list is the
responsibility of the PDWG co-chairs, so I suggest that you refer your
concern to them.

Best Regards ...

Sunday.

On 18/01/2018 12:08, Alan Levin wrote:
> Dear Chairperson and CEO
>
> The following looks like there is fraud happening at AfriNIC:
>
> On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 11:21 PM, Jacob Odame-Baiden
> <odamyte at gmail.com <mailto:odamyte at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I am worried that this Jacob Odame might be impersonating my
>     account. I am an AFRINIC 25 Fellow and my exact name buy a
>     different email address is being used to communicate on this
>     forum. I will entreat admin to verify and deal with this.
>     I need to be sure that there is another Jacob.
>

> I am hoping as a small LIR and Internet Society activist, that you can
> please pay attention and assist to provide some kind of decorum  :(
>
> Sincerely
>
> Alan Levin
>

>     On 30 Dec 2017 18:21, "Andrew Alston"
>     <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
>     <mailto:Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com>> wrote:
>
>         Ignoring the underlined bolder hyperbolic, let me comment
>         bluntly and simply:
>
>         I will do whatever I feel necessary to protect the industry in
>         which I work.  I will do whatever I feel necessary to protect
>         the consumers of internet services on this continent. I will
>         react to any threat that I see to the industry or to the
>         consumer - and I make no apologies for it.
>
>         We keep referring to how the “community” wants something or
>         doesn’t want it -  yet the reality is - we are a divided
>         community - divided on linguistic grounds - divided on
>         geographic grounds - divided on ideology.
>
>         The statements made about the will of the community as based
>         on the absurd notion that only one segment of the community
>         has any validity - and anyone who disagrees is not part of
>         said community or is some how the enemy - this is not the case
>         - but that is how it is portrayed.
>
>         I will not get into the specifics of any particular policy in
>         this email - but I will say this - should AfriNIC and the
>         policies by which it operates become a threat to the industry
>         at large in any portion of this continent - or compromise the
>         growth of internet penetration on this continent in violation
>         of section 3 of the bylaws - or act outside of the laws under
>         which it is governed - be they the companies act - the bylaws
>         - the competitions act - or the very procedures and policies
>         that have been ratified through legitimate board mandates -
>         then do not cry foul when people react - especially after
>         repeated warnings.
>
>         I am beyond threats - beyond intimidation - and quite frankly
>         beyond being cowed into submission by people claiming that is
>         what I am attempting. I act in the manner that I see best for
>         the industry - and if indeed there is no violation of the law
>         - and if indeed correct procedures and policies have been
>         followed - then my actions represent no threat.  The threat
>         only exists if you acknowledge wrong doing in the first instance.
>
>         As for wanting to do AfriNIC harm - you are incorrect in this
>         as well - I have no desire to do harm to AfriNIC - however -
> [...]

Sunday Adekunle Folayan
Managing Director
General data Engineering Services (SKANNET)
16 Oshin Road, Kongi Bodija, Ibadan - Nigeria
Phone: +234 802 291 2202, +234 816 866 7523
Email: sfolayan at skannet.com.ng, sfolayan at gmail.com