[rpd] Appeal against softlanding-bis declaration of consensus (off-topic)

sm+afrinic at elandsys.com sm+afrinic at elandsys.com
Sun Jan 14 11:41:49 UTC 2018

Hi John, Rehan,
At 09:34 PM 10-01-2018, John Hay wrote:
>So if you want to connect more than a /18 of African users to the
>internet in a 2 year period, you are a privileged few, a depleter,
>making a killing, and it is to the detriment of .... those that you
>connected? ... Or those that have not been connected yet?

The following is not related to the thread.

The Bylaws state that I represent the Indian Ocean
sub-region.  During a meeting with two persons, one from Madagascar
and the other from Mauritius, one of the persons ask a hypothetical
[1] question: there is a /16 of IPv4 address space; can I recommend
an equitable distribution of it between Madagascar and
Mauritius?  There is an ethical issue embedded in the question.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. IP address distribution in the region is not done on a country basis.